Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 34
Baseline vs. 4 Weeks, Female, Age 48
Baseline vs. 12 Weeks, Female, Age 63
* n=24. Data on file at SkinMedica®
- 100% of subjects said Total Defense + Repair SPF 34 absorbs easily and quickly, does not leave white residue, spreads evenly (without lumps), and does not feel greasy (at week 4)*.
- 91% of subjects said Total Defense + Repair SPF 34 improves skin’s overall health and overall appearance (at week 8)*.
- 90% of subjects said that with Total Defense + Repair SPF 34 they saw improvement in skin firmness, tightness, and elasticity (at week 8)*.
*Narurkar VA, Fabi SG, Bucay VW, et al. A New Approach in Topical Hyaluronic Acid; Going Beyond Instant Benefits to Restore Epidermal HA Homeostasis. J Drug Dermatol. 2016:15(1 Suppl2);s24-s37.
Key Benefits of Total Defense + Repair
Protect skin from harmful infrared rays (IR-A rays)
Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles*
Improve the appearance of sun damaged skin*
Our SOL-IR® Advanced Antioxidant Complex
Total Defense + Repair is more than a sunscreen; it’s a rejuvenating superscreen, powered by SOL-IR® Advanced Antioxidant Complex. Traditional broad-spectrum sunscreens only protect against UVA and UVB. Our trio of potent antioxidants is what enables Total Defense + Repair to protect against IR-A and help rejuvenate skin.
Zinc Oxide 8.0%
When to Apply
Apply in the morning, as the last product in your regimen or as needed, at least every 2 hours if in direct sunlight.
Where to Apply
Apply to your entire face (neck and chest if desired), and other sun-exposed areas.
How to Apply
Dispense onto back of hand and apply generously to face and other sun-exposed areas. Children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor.
Warning for Sunscreens
For external use only. UV exposure from the sun increases the risk of skin cancer, premature skin aging and other skin damage. It is important to decrease UV exposure by limiting time in the sun, wearing protective clothing and using a sunscreen with a broad spectrum of SPF 15 or higher. When using this product, keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Do not use if allergic to any ingredient or on damaged or broken skin. Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Q: Does TOTAL DEFENSE + REPAIR work well with TNS Essential Serum®?
A: Yes. TNS Essential Serum® includes our proprietary growth factor blend, TNS®, which is not part of Total Defense + Repair. Those growth factors are very important for rejuvenation.
Both products include powerful antioxidants, but the blends are very different and are designed to work in different ways to support the skin. The two products complement each other.
Additionally, Total Defense + Repair can be used with any SkinMedica® product or regimen to add a layer of protection.
Q: Does Total Defense + Repair offer better protection than a traditional sunscreen with a really high SPF?
A: Yes. Just because a product has a high SPF (ie, ≥ 34) does not mean it offers complete coverage against the sun’s rays.
Total Defense + Repair offers broad-spectrum protection and highly effective antioxidant protection from infrared radiation and free radical damage.
1. Data on file at SkinMedica®.
2. WHO releases country estimates on air pollution exposure and health impact. World Health Organization. www.who.int/news-room/detail/27-09- 2016-who-releases-country-estimates-on-air-pollution-exposure-and-health-impact. Published September 27, 2016. Accessed May 22, 2018.
3. The Nielsen Company. The Nielsen Total Audience Report Q1 2016. New York, NY; 2016.
CAUTION: Women should not use Retinol Complex if they are pregnant, lactating or planning to become pregnant.
Sunburn alert: AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and AHA/BHA Cream contain an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Patients should use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a weekfollowing discontinuation.
IMPORTANT: SUNSCREEN IS REQUIRED TO OPTIMIZE AND MAINTAIN THE RESULTS OF USING THE LYTERA® 2.0 PIGMENT BRIGHTENING SERUM.